CommunityHealth is now operating a telehealth satellite clinic located in Onward Neighborhood House, a social service organization in the medically underserved Belmont Cragin neighborhood. The first of its kind in Chicago, the site uses the power of telehealth to increase health access for uninsured people in the area.
At the site, a medical assistant takes a patient’s vitals, labs, and connects them to a medical provider via telehealth.
Benefits for Patients include:
- Convenient location for those in the neighborhood
- Quick lab services
- Located in a trusted neighborhood organization
- Access to Onward House’s services
- Access to full range of CommunityHealth services
Benefits for Volunteer Providers include:
- The flexibility of volunteering from anywhere
- Significantly lower no-show rate than in-person appointments
- Smooth telehealth visits as patients have all the needed technology and in-person help should technology issues arise