The mission of CommunityHealth is to serve people without essential health care. Essential health care includes reproductive health care and gender-affirming treatment.
Health equity in the United States is under attack. The Supreme Court’s overturning of Roe v. Wade is a devastating violation of bodily autonomy for people who can become pregnant. At the same time, trans-discriminatory legislature is becoming increasingly prevalent, including bills that allow providers to refuse medical services to patients on the basis of religious beliefs.
CommunityHealth stands in strong support of both transgender rights and the right to abortion.
- In reproductive justice.
- That all women and people who can become pregnant have the ability to determine their future.
- That people who can become pregnant know what’s at stake in deciding whether to bear a child or not.
- That the decision to have or not have children ought to be between a patient and their healthcare provider.
- In gender-affirming care.
- That all gender non-conforming individuals have the right to health care that meets their needs.
- That puberty blockers, hormone replacement therapy, and gender-affirming surgery are essential services.
- That providers have a responsibility to respect and support their patients’ identities.
- The protection of Illinois as a pro-choice and pro-LGBTQ state.
- The protection of reproductive rights and gender-affirming care in Illinois.
- The protection of privacy of medical records for out-of-state clients.
- People in prohibition states who seek care.
- Laws that prevent local agencies in pro-choice states from cooperating with out-of-state abortion prosecutions.
We believe everyone has the right to safe, affordable, and equitable health care.
As long as CommunityHealth exists in Chicago, we will continue providing that care to the communities who need us.
Thank you for supporting our vision of quality health care for all.
If you have questions regarding CommunityHealth’s stance on health equity, please reach out to Steph Willding at email@example.com.